The Basket Raffle will consist of approximately 25 ‘themed’ baskets that will be auctioned off at the 23 September event. The baskets will be provided by various APG Organizations, local businesses, and individuals.
Each donor will be asked to put together items based from a pre-determined list of themes, wrapped in a transparent material, and decorated with the event’s theme.
This year’s theme is a Blue Jean Ball and the coordinating colors are white, yellow, black and red. Donors are asked to coordinate their themes with Earl Noble, the Basket Committee POC. All donors are encouraged to be creative when creating baskets. Baskets should range in value from $250 to $500. The baskets are to be turned in, with a list of contents, to the POC by August 15, 2017. If all baskets are NOT turned in on time the donor will NOT receive signage the night of the Gala and in the program listing.
Rules (Subject to Change)
Gift Basket Registration
- The evening begins at 6:00 pm.
- Volunteers will be on hand to assist you.
- Upon arrival, guests should go to the registration table where you will register for your bid number and obtain your program booklet. This number will be your personal identification number and will be used to identify winners of auction items and for bidding on both the gift baskets and live auction items.
- PLEASE USE ONLY THE BID NUMBER ASSIGNED TO YOU when bidding.
Gift Basket Drawing Rules
- In order to bid on a gift basket, you must submit a basket ticket in the corresponding drawing box placed near the basket. The drawing boxes will be labeled with its name and item number.
- Tickets for gift baskets may be purchased at registration desk, from roving sales persons or in the lobby at any time during the evening. (see Map on page 16).
- Make sure you write the bid number that was assigned to you at registration, on the back of the white ticket that goes in the box. Because the number is registered to bidder, we will know who wins.
- Gift Basket Ticket submissions will end at 8:50 pm.
- Basket Winners will be drawn at 9:00 pm in the ballroom.
- If your bidder number/ ticket is called, proceed to the Registration Table to collect your prize.
- If you do not collect your basket at the time of the drawing, someone from AUSA will contact you to arrange a pick-up of your prize.
- All sales are final. No exchanges, refunds, or cancellations. All items are offered in “as is” condition.
- Payment may be made by cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or check payable to AUSA.
- All auction items must be removed from Waters Edge Events Center by 11 pm on the evening of the event, except for those items which are stored at off-site facilities. Case by case exceptions may be made, if coordinated with event committee.
- The value of items contributed for the auction has been determined by the donors and is not warranted by the committee for tax purposes or general value. The auction chairs and AUSA make no representations as to the value of the items.
- The buyer waives any claims for liability against either AUSA or the contributor. Neither AUSA nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from the use of property or services sold.
- Check gift certificates for any expiration dates/restrictions that may apply. Gift certificates may not be redeemed for cash.
- AUSA is not responsible for making any reservations. All reservations are subject to space availability and are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and the purchaser.
- Catalogue descriptions are for convenience only. AUSA and the auction chairs are not responsible for errors in description, authenticity, or conditions of goods donated. Inspect each item prior to bid during the event.