You are here
Message from President
Happy New Year!
I want to take a moment and reflect upon our 2014 year. We lost a great leader and friend to our Chapter. We're thrilled to be able to change our chapter name to the MG Harry Greene Aberdeen Chapter to honor his memory and commitment to our organization. Our organization worked hard to support our soldiers and raised money which we've judiciously put toward soldier efforts.
A few areas we've invested in the last month are:
- $2000 to the Freestate Challenge Academy for two $1000 scholarships for graduating seniors. (the cadets who received scholarships are: Shanjevac Haughton and Tania Ramirez-Reyes)
- $1000 to Army Community Services for their food pantry for soldiers and families here at APG.
- We hosted our Final Friday with AAAA on 19 Dec. As a bonus this year we decided to add a fundraising element and ugly sweat er contest.
- We raised over $1500 to go to the Lou Bantle Scholarship at Father Martin's Ashley. Thanks to all who participated and donat ed.
- We've had some leadership changes in our board this year. Thank you to Christa Dahlem with URS for her dedication as our tr easurer over the past 3 1/2 years. Robert Buden with SAIC has assumed the treasurer responsibilities. Congrats to our Secretary, Amanda Ucci with Ace Electronics - they are expecting their first child in 2015 and she will be transitioning her duties to Angela Sheldon with Leido s. Thanks to our incoming and outgoing leadership team!
As always, thank you to our generous sponsors and members who donate their resources and talents. We have a full year of great events and speakers and we hope you'll be able to participate!